I was diagnosed with a mold allergy causing asthma about 37 years ago after they tried many different asthma meds that didn't work. They recommended Clortrimeton 12 mg tabs (12 hours). It worked. I also have a rescue inhaler and years later was prescribed Advair as well. Recently my breathing has gotten pretty bad. Today I realized that it might be caused by an extreme mold smell in my basement. The weird thing is is that we have no water coming into the basement. I have an upcoming appointment with a Pulmonology (new). I am afraid I will have to go through a lot of invasive testing when perhaps it is the mold smell in my basement. I would just get someone to come and help but we are very low on funds. My Advair inhaler is costing about $170.00 a month (after insurance). They tried a cheaper one but it made my breathing worse. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do in the basement? It is so bad I don't think anything but an industrialized dehumidifier would work. Or a company to come in. Thanks.