Just thought I’d share my own journey/experience in trying to get to NJH for evaluation. Today marks the first steps:
– Primary doctor has a referral for me to go to national jewish but they can’t get the fax through despite multiple attempts. If I get the right number, I’ll share it for you guys.
– called my insurance, NJH is a network provider (hooooray!)
– called the general NJH number. They took my info and said a nurse would call me back.
– spoke with an asthma clinic RN, they said the first step is registration, then a 45 minute nurse intake call to get your history and decide on what tests to order, then once insurance approves they can schedule your visit.
– registration done! Nurse intake call scheduled for next Friday at 8am. Ooofta! But at least the ball is rolling.