I was just thinking about how tough it can be to live with lung disease. There are good days, and bleh days and days that just hit you like a ton of bricks. Sometimes triggers can be unkind words from others, other times the difficulty can come from within. I’ve had my fair share of tough, rough and rainy days and wanted to compile a thread to help those walking through tough times too.
– You aren’t weak and you aren’t crazy and lung disease isn’t a psychological condition that you can snap out of
– you aren’t abnormal to worry about triggers and how to avoid them
– despite your disease, you are still beautiful and capable. You are not any less than you were before a doctor gave you a physical diagnosis
– there are no time tables for your recovery. Just as every person and their disease is unique, so to is how we recover
– it is okay to have down, blue and woe is me days; you don’t need to paint a happy face on days where you feel down. Down days happen to us all. Lung disease is exhausting.
– remember you are never alone. 26 million Americans live with asthma, and 5-10% have severe asthma. We are all here for you to celebrate the triumphs, hold you up through the setbacks and everything in between
– you will always be a beautiful, strong and capable survivor in my book