DD1 spends a lot of time at one particular friend's house. There are 4 adults in this home who smoke. I generally don't even get out of the car when I drop her off/pick her up because the smell in the house is really bad. Anyway, dd always reeks of cigarette smoke when she comes home from there. She's been there the last 2 days after school for a few hours.
She has seemed to have some increased allergy issues this week (mainly nasal stuff, but some coughing). DH suggested that it may be due to the cigarette smoke. Then again, we have all had some stuffiness this past week – I think there's something new blooming.
So…I guess she is being exposed to the actual smoke because I'm pretty sure the adults smoke inside the house. But..I'm not sure that her issues are any worse while there vs immediately afterward vs hours after. So…is it the actual smoke, the smell or other allergy issues?